Enjoy the tranquility of country living just steps from one of Cuenca's main thoroughfares.
*** The owner is motivated to sell quickly, so all reasonable offers will be considered***
La Villa Encantada is any homeowner's dream. Fully renovated in the past ten years, this property maintains all the old world charm of classic Latin American architecture, but with modern interior design, US quality appliances and furnishings, and amenities you just won't find anywhere else. From water-heated floors in all the primary living spaces to a fully equipped gym and sauna, this property has everything you could ever need.
Whether you're looking for a luxurious vacation home, or just want your day-to-day life to feel like a holiday, La Villa Encantada delivers.
La Villa Encantada is a home designed with countless personal touches and the kind of attention to detail you won't find elsewhere.
- Nearly 700 square meters of living space
- Spacious primary kitchen with industrial quality American appliances
- Secondary kitchen with walk-through pantry
- Outdoor kitchen with built-in gas BBQ and huge wood-fired brick pizza oven
- Large working fireplaces in living room and master bedroom, with US-quality smokeless chimneys, and gas starters so you never need kindling
- Four bedrooms, three with private baths
- Walk-in closet in master bedroom, additional modular closet and seating area, en-suite master bath with heated floors, towel racks, his and her sinks, and linen closet.
- Five and a half baths in total
- Fully equipped gym, separate from the main house, with machines, free weights, bands, and traction sling
- Dry or steam sauna, wired for sound and with fully customizable temperature and humidity settings
- Heated floors in the kitchen, master bathroom, living room, and gym
- Modular storage and shelving in bedrooms and office, fully customizable and removable, with the look of classic built-ins
- Custom-designed Ecuador-themed stained glass throughout
- Full dining room with open-plan for optimal light and a relaxing atmosphere
- Huge skylights and windows throughout
- Home theater with stadium seating couches for 7 and flat screen TV, separate from the main house for quite screenings
- Separate laundry room with stackable washer and dryer and built-in storage
Beyond the main living space, this property continues to deliver surprises and value.
- Fully mature and producing apple, lemon, lime, avocado, and fig trees
- Mature grape vines and pruned blackberry bush, attracting birds to the property, which limits insect pests
- Huge flowering Magnolia tree
- Nearly 5,000 square meters of land, including gardens and a gazebo
- Fenced vegetable garden with greenhouse, planted and producing
- Separate guesthouse with iron pot-belly stove, fully-equipped kitchen, and unique stained glass accents
- Large bodega on the first floor of the guest house building for storage - Could easily be converted into a second guest space or two-story guest house
- Groundskeeper's cottage, currently used as a workshop, but fully plumbed for a living space with full bath and kitchen
- Separate two-car garage with ample storage and covered walkway leading to the main house
- Automatic irrigation system
- Functional well
- Rainwater collection system
- Multiple water supply systems with cistern, so you'll never be out of hot water
- Triple water treatment system, including sediment filter, activated carbon to filter out chemicals, and an ozone generator
- Generator capable of running the entire property
- Israeli-built security system
- Electric gate, with separate service gate for large trucks and gas canister delivery right to your door
- Automatic lights throughout the property for added security after dark
- Hiking trails up the hill, great for dogs and children
- Sunny front patio with high-quality furniture
About the Location
Just on the other side of the beautiful Tomebamba river from Ordoñez Lasso, one of Cuenca's biggest population centers, complete with grocery stores, restaurants, bars, salons, and shopping. Enjoy the peach and quite (ie. zero street noise) of your villa oasis, without giving up the walkability of living in town. Close to buses, taxis, and all amenities.
Start Building Your Dream Today
These are just some of the fantastic features this property has to offer - you truly have to see it to believe it. What's more, its multiple living spaces, security, and privacy make it an amazing investment property. Outfit the additional living spaces for a luxury compound-style rental property, or rent it out as an event space perfect for weddings, art shows, or conferences.
La Villa Encantada is truly an oasis - all the beauty and peace of living beyond the city limits, but without giving up the convenience of living near amenities. Whether you're looking for your forever home, scouting investments in the up-and-coming Cuenca market, or hunting for a vacation home that has it all, La Villa Encantada is the luxury property you've been waiting for.
Get in Touch!
Cuenca Realty is the exclusive agent for this property, and we don't anticipate that it will stay on the market long, so contact us today with any questions or to set up a viewing. We are happy to conduct remote Skype viewings for those overseas and answer any questions you might have.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call or text us:
+593 098 384 1691 (WhatsApp, Spanish)
+593 098 738 8735 (WhatsApp, English)
+593 098 438 3248 (WhatsApp, English)
+1 360 244 4280 (Regular Call or Skype, English)
Message us on Facebook @CuencaRealty